10 reasons why you should choose our body repair shop
1) We are independent.
You may think that you need to follow your insurer’s recommendations and have your car repaired with their approved body shop. This simply isn’t the case. As the policy holder you have complete control over who repairs your vehicle, not your insurer. Find out more (link to the petition PDF from Lawrence Motts) about the petition to HM Government in 2010 to stop insurance companies from pressuring their policyholders into using repairs centres they did not select.
- We offer the benefits of an insurance approved body shop, including a courtesy car and recovery services, with the added benefit that you know where we are and can talk to us directly on the phone or in person.
- We pride ourselves in having the professional attitude, expertise and specialist equipment offered by a main dealership without the impersonal experience or the restrictive time frames. We will repair parts as well as replace them, which can cost you considerably less.
- We aren’t a small body shop – we boast a team of 10, with 8 skilled craftsmen. Our senior technicians all have 20 years or more working experience in the trade. We are the only independent car body repair shop in Colchester. We also guarantee that if you receive a better like for like estimate in writing from a local competitor we’ll beat it.
- Our service isn’t restricted to just minor bumps and scrapes. We have the specialist equipment and expertise required to confidently deal with all jobs from minor repairs to classic car restoration – and everything in-between.
Find out more about the full-range of services we offer.
2) We’re cost effective
Consider the full cost implications of claiming on your insurance:
- Each time you make a claim you are likely to have to pay an excess.
- You risk losing your “No Claims Discount” and being forced to pay higher premiums next year.
At Motts we look at each case individually to assess what’s the most cost effective option. This could be either making a claim for the work on your insurance or having the work carried out by us privately.
3) We’re flexible
If your vehicle is repaired through your insurer, the garage it selects will only fix damage caused by the accident. At Motts if you want us to repair the year old scratch on your door at the same time, we can, and the chances are we may be able to throw it in for free!
4) We listen to you
If all you need is to get back on the road legally and cheaply then we can help. Cheap run-arounds don’t necessarily require the high quality, high cost factory finish that insurance companies are obliged to provide.
5) We offer a Price Match guarantee
We specialise in repairing and restyling vehicles at a fraction of the cost of the same work carried out by approved manufacturers. We’ll also beat any like for like written estimate from a local competitor.
6) We’ll let you choose the parts
Let us know whether you would prefer second hand, new or branded parts for your vehicle. Whichever you choose we’d be surprised if you could get a better deal anywhere else.
7) We offer good old-fashioned, top-notch customer service
We’re not faceless – you can come in and speak to the same person you spoke to on the phone and we realise not everyone is as passionate about motors as we are. We’ll take time to explain the work that is being carried out to your vehicle without using confusing jargon or baffling you with technical terms unless you want us to!
8) We can offer you a free comprehensive quotation
We are happy to offer you a free estimate, without obligation and with all work fully guaranteed.
9) We’re established and local
Motts has been established over 10 years and our senior technicians each have 20 years or more experience. To date the majority of our trade has been built on word of mouth as we are the only independent car body repair shop in Colchester.
10) We invest in the latest technology
Our highly skilled team use the latest technology to ensure all repairs and restyling is carried out to the highest possible standard.